Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Federal Reserve Bank tour question

On the website it says:



Tours Facts



The tour is free of charge, but space is limited. Up to 30 visitors can be accommodated each hour. Students must be at least 16 years old or juniors in high school. One adult must accompany each group of nine students. Wheelchair access is provided from the Maiden Lane entrance.



------


Am I reading this correct in that you must be 16 years old to go on a tour? I thought others have said they were taking even a 3 year old.



I%26#39;m probably too late to even be requesting tickets for this, but thought my kids would love to do this (7 and 9)



thanks!



Federal Reserve Bank tour question


Since it says you should phone them for a reservation, I%26#39;d ask THEM your question. It does appear they want kids to be at least 16.





To request a tour:



Call (212) 720-6130. (Calling is recommended since availability can be determined immediately.)



Federal Reserve Bank tour question


I%26#39;ve been trying forever to book this tour. I once wrote them two months in advance, and I could offer them 4 different dates, and they were all booked up. Maybe it is less frequented in the summer time, but in winter and spring time I had no chance!




If you can%26#39;t get the tour, you can still go into the building and see some of the exhibits.




thank you all for your help! :)




I agree it%26#39;s a bit confusing but I wonder if they mean students on their own? Maybe children are allowed if accompanied by an adult?I%26#39;ve recently booked a tour and have received the tickets. I didn%26#39;t give the children%26#39;s ages when making the request and they didn%26#39;t ask, just thought I%26#39;d take the chance although mine are a bit older than yours at 14 and 16.





frbnytours@ny.frb.org is the email address to request a tour, why not drop them a line and ask about the children. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment