Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mother/Daughter getaway

I am planning a special mother daughter trip with my 18 year old before she goes off to college. I have been checking all hotel listings but am getting overwhelmed. Would love to be close to Central Park as we both like to run. I am in the price range of $300 - $350. Any suggestions for hotel that would have nice amenities, concierge etc. I am hoping to leave next week so responses would be greatly appreciated.





Mother/Daughter getaway


I found the Warwick for $270 or the Buckingham Hotel for $259. I%26#39;m looking for a ';not stuffy feel'; maybe a little ';chic'; Something an 18 year old would think was really cool!! Please help!!!



Mother/Daughter getaway


The Michelangelo.




The Michelangelo looks great but no availability. Any other suggestions all of you New york whizzes.




The Mandarin Oriental..tho may be too pricey.




Have you stopped by TravelZoo to see what deals are available through its links?



http://hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/





Also, I%26#39;ve found Site59 to be a great place to book last minute travel:



http://www.site59.com





A note of caution: 2-bedded rooms are not the norm here; hotels have more rooms with just 1 king or queen bed. So if that matters to you, be sure that the room you%26#39;re booking for 2 people has, in fact, 2 beds.




The Mark is still a hotel and I like it. They offer two beds and a suite if that works for you. It%26#39;s a block off Central Park on the Upper East Side. On the Upper West Side try The Lucerne. A couple or so blocks off the park, great mass transit access in minutes to midtown. Lovely neighborhood. Have fun!




I just stayed in Le Parker Meridien and liked it very much. Its very modern and very near the park. It also has some very good restaurants (Normas, Burger Joint) www.parkermeridien.com

No comments:

Post a Comment