Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Restaurant Advice.

Just finished reading most of the 54 pages of the restaurant thread and it really got me excited to try some new restaurants.



I%26#39;ve never visited the nicer NYC restaurants in the past because I was afraid my country-bumpkin Texan upbringing would be so apparent! Would y%26#39;all suggest we go ahead and do it? I don%26#39;t want to look uncouth to the sophisticated NYer%26#39;s.



Restaurant Advice.


By all means do it - some of the best chefs and food in the world is right here.





Here%26#39;s a great web site to help you decide where to go . . .





http://www.savorynewyork.com/wiki/Main_Page



Restaurant Advice.


you will not look uncouth and you should definitely do it! eating in new york%26#39;s amazing restaurants should be high on the list of things to do in the city! you%26#39;ll enjoy it.





happy eating!





www.savoryny.com



www.menupages.com



www.newyork.citysearch.com



www.chowhound.com



www.nytimes.com/pages/dining/index.html



http://nymag.com/restaurants/index.htm




Def go for it!





The reviews on Chowhound and Menupages are very helpful.





Are there any ones in particular you have questions about?




I wouldn%26#39;t worry about you but is your 4 year old niece used to dining in fine restaurants? Kids can get pretty antsy when they have to be quiet and sit still for long periods - I know I do :)




Thanks for the advice, gang! Great links too.



I think my 4 yr old would do well because she loves getting dressed up fancy and acting like an adult.




My feeling on this is:





1) no one knows you here and will ever see you again, so why not?





2) probably 95% of the waiters/waitresses you encounter will be from out of town





3) feel free to ask as many questions about the menu as you want; the foodie types typically question the wait staff to death!




I agree, go for it! But check with the restaurant when you make the reservation that they%26#39;ll seat a 4-year-old.




Evening, that makes me feel better! Thanks for the advice, especially about the asking questions. I LOVE sushi and to this day, I really don%26#39;t know half of what I%26#39;m eating because I don%26#39;t want to seem uncouth and ask questions that I figure I should know. I had gone to eat sushi numerous times before I discovered that the pretty pink stuff on the dish was ginger and you%26#39;re supposed to eat it and not just stare at it and poke it a little.





Bettina, I hadn%26#39;t thought of doing that. I%26#39;ll do some checking around.




Just remember that it is uncouth everywhere for a man to wear a hat of any kind (including a baseball cap) when eating anywhere indoors, even in the cheapest diner or fast food joint. I have seen this more often in Texas than elsewhere in my travels, and it sets my teeth on edge.... I certainly hope that no one in your party would ever think of doing this ill-mannered thing that seems so much more common nowadays.


  • makeup application
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment