Sunday, April 4, 2010

another Laguardia transportation question

I know this topic has been beaten to death on here but I would really appreciate some advice. My boyfriend and I will be flying into Laguardia on a Wednesday evening (flight arrives around 5:45) and we need to get to Midtown (34th St and 8th Ave) during nasty rush hour. What is the best and most economical way to do this? I know that a taxi is the easiest with luggage but the hotel said it would be around $50 and that%26#39;s more than I want to spend. Any advice for public transportation? (I am very familiar with using it, even with luggage, but I don%26#39;t want to struggle too much) Will the taxi really be that much? Help! Thanks!!!



another Laguardia transportation question


The taxi will not be $50, I picked my mother up once in the thick of rush hour from LGA, from there to 42nd and 6th was $28 and that was with really bad traffic.





Public Transport is somewhat simple from there, but I don%26#39;t know if braving rush hour with suitcases would make for the best ';Welcome to New York';.





In the event you want to go that route...take a taxi to Roosevelt Ave station and catch an E-Subway which will leave you at 34th and 8th. (Cab will be $6.00, subway fare $2.00)



another Laguardia transportation question


I%26#39;ve travelled at that time and the fare was around $35 including tip.




Q33 bus to Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave., station. E train to 34th and 8th. Cost is $2 a person with a Metro Card. Trip will take around 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment