Thursday, April 8, 2010

Deciding between Lake george places to stay

I have it narrowed down to marine village, georgian resort, and julianna. Can someone tell me which they would recommend of the three and why? Thank you very much



Deciding between Lake george places to stay


Well all three I have only heard positive things about, so let%26#39;s try to narrow it down to what you are looking for. Do you want to be in town or outside of town? Keep in mind $1.00/hr parking if you visit town. Are you travelling with kids? ages? What do you basically want out of the vacation? Beach time, fun time or quiet?



Deciding between Lake george places to stay


We do want to be close to village. We are travelling with a 14 year old and 5 month old. I just want to make sure there is room enough for all of us and that the rooms and area are clean. I know that the georgian and marine village are basically next to eachother and I think they are pretty close to the village. Do you have any reasons to choose one over the other. Thank you so much for your reply. I need to book this today.




I know the Georgian better, it is right in the village, while Julianna is quite a drive out of the village. The georgiann has amazing food and is a very popular place for weddings in Lake George, which I think says alot for how nice and clean it is. To make your life easier and know you%26#39;ll have a safe, clean, nice place right in town so you%26#39;ll save on parking, pick the Georgian.




Thank you so much. I guess my one question is it seemed like the georgian doesn%26#39;t offer water activities but marine village does. Do you know anything about that as the marine village does offer water activities.




Honestly you are on the lake regardless so you%26#39;ll have plenty to do as far as water activities. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g48016-d9326… That%26#39;s some reviews of Marine Village. There are good and bad, sadly as a local I mostly hear the bad about that one. Dirty smelly rooms, you have to pay full up front, don%26#39;t get your money back if you leave early even if its due to being unhappy. The Georgian is right on the lake also, and they do have their own beach too. The place is clean, friendly and I have only heard positive feedback on it for several years. I have to say its worth the visit just for the food!




I appologize for at first saying that I had heard positive of all three, I read the name wrong, there is another Marina, so I had them confused. Just thought I should add that to clear up my two different views.. Sorry! Im pregnant I swear I lost part of my mind when I conceived.




No problem about the confusion. I am still undecided but leaning towards the georgian. Since I said I had it narrowed down to 3, I just wanted to see if you had any other recommendation other than those. The only real criteria is we want to be on the lake and have stuff to do for our teenager. It is nice to be close to village but not a necessity.




And one other last question-do you know anything about canoe island lodge?




I honestly have never heard anything about canoe island, sorry. It is further out, again you%26#39;ll have to pay for parking if you come into town and there is more to do with a teenager in town. I%26#39;d say your best bet would be the Georgian with its location, activities, cleanliness, but mainly location. There are others on the lake that have great reputations and activities, such as Lodges at Cresthaven, further up on 9 away from town, Thunderbird Marina and Resort which has a marina next door also out of town, and The Boulders. All of which are out of town, but on the lake as requested. All of them have great reputations for being clean and enjoyable. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment