Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jersey Boys or The Producers??

Planning a NYC visit with spouse in mid-September. We are in our mid 40%26#39;s. Which show would get your vote. I can get tickets to Jersey Boys that are in the last rows of orchestra and after looking at seating chart has mezzanine overhead...or...decent Producer tickets in 7th row right orchestra. I hate to pay same price for Jersey Boy tickets if seats are not very good. Thanks for helping me decide.



Jersey Boys or The Producers??


For me, no contest, The Jersey Boys.





Jersey Boys or The Producers??


Jersey Boys,



I saw The Producers with the original cast. I loved it, and thought that it was so strong that it could withstand time and the cast changes.



However, for me there is something to be said for seeing something when it is new with the original cast. Jersey Boys has gotten great reviews and won tonys.



All things considered JB gets my vote








There are discounts available for The Producers while there are none for The Jersey Boys so you%26#39;ll be paying about 60% versus 100%.





The Producers is old news whereas The Jersey Boys just won a Tony Awards.




Neither of those seating possibilities for Jersey Boys are BAD seats (Broadway theatres are smaller than you%26#39;re probably anticipating). Pick the show which sounds most likely to appeal to you and/or your pocketbook. They%26#39;re both fine -- albeit very different -- shows... and The Producers ain%26#39;t ';old news'; if you haven%26#39;t seen it before; heck, some of us have seen it 5 times with various casts :-)




sounds like Jersey Boys is my best bet. Any other thoughts out there before I make my decision.




Jersey Boys - more than any other play.




Jersey Boys! I liked the show The Producers, but Jersey Boys--NO comparison! (Rent the original movie of The Producers instead.)





I think those seats are fine. I sat WAY to the right in the orchestra when I saw Jersey Boys and it was perfectly O.K.




Jersey Boys!!! No comparison in my humble opinion (especially since Nathan Lane and Mathew Broderick have move on).




I saw the Producers just last week and was disappointed.



It was perfectly competent but nothing spectacular with a rather weak and frivolous storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment