Thursday, April 8, 2010

taxi transportation from la guardia and back

After reading all of the bad news on shuttles to and from the airport, I have decided that a taxi sounds like the best bet. My big question is, how many people can one taxi hold? I am from a very small town and have NO idea. There will be 5 of us (3 teens and 2 adults.....all on the average to small side) travelling together. Also, since we are from a small town I always feel like the taxi driver is taking us for a ';ride'; and the final dollar amount is somewhat negotiable or higher than expected. Can we negotiate or set the final dollar amount before getting into the taxi at the airport for a ride into Manhattan?



taxi transportation from la guardia and back


Taxi%26#39;s will take 4 people, 3 in the back one in the front. No more. There are a few cabs that may hold more people, mini van types.



The amount of the fare is metered so it is not negotiable. The only way for them to have the fare be hired is to take a longer route to try to bump the fare. You can request that they take one of the bridges instead of the Midtown tunnel to save on the toll.



With a group of 5 you may be better off reserving a car to pick you up.



Try calling Carmel, or Tel-Aviv. Or maybe someone else can suggest another. It would probably be more cost effective then taking two cabs.



taxi transportation from la guardia and back


';the fare be hired ';



I really need to read my posts more carefully before I hit continue.




Thanks, that answers my question as welI. We are 4 adults and I had a terrible thought that maybe the cabs in NY don%26#39;t let you sit in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment