Thursday, April 1, 2010

I need help planning...

I%26#39;ve been reading a lot of the posts on here.. And I%26#39;ve gotten a lot of advice.. However, I%26#39;m still having problems with my trip. Could someone please help me



I will be going to NY for the first time in August and only for four days. I see that there is a lot of things to see and I need to know which places are essential for my first trip to NY.



I%26#39;ll be arriving on August 1 at around 3:30 and my hotel is in midtown, near restaurant row. I%26#39;ll probably want to fall asleep since I%26#39;ll be flying in from Europe but I don%26#39;t want to waste any of my time. So I would like to do some things near the area. I think any musuem will make me fall asleep regardless of how interesting it would be.



So I have August 2, 3, 4 free to do things.



Here are some things I know I would like to visit: moma, met, wtc, sol, ellis island



I would like to plan the days by location. I don%26#39;t want to waste any of the precious time I%26#39;m there...



Also, I would like to see a show, however, I%26#39;m indecisive on which one I should choose. If you were to pick one, which one, and it will be my first show.



Thanks in advance for your help!







I need help planning...


I do not live in nyc but I am a very frequent visitor. I don%26#39;t have advice on the museums because they just do not interest me. As far as making the most of your time, you can do the wtc site and sol/ellis island in the same day, if not the same afternoon. The wtc site is a place for reflection and respect so nothing to tour. The ferry to sol/ellis island is downtown as well so you can hit that before or after wtc. Wall St and Century 21 (namebrand discount store if you%26#39;re a shopper) are also downtown.



For shows, Rent is my favorite! and as I have mentioned before, you can get $20 lottery tickets 2 hours before each show if you%26#39;re lucky. have fun!



I need help planning...


I would recommend not taking a nap upon arrival if you can. Try to immediately get acclomated to the current time. If you don%26#39;t, you%26#39;ll be up at 3am every day and to bed at 7pm.



There are so many good shows in NYC. Put broadway shows in the search function and you will get many ideas on the different shows. I don%26#39;t think there is a ';can%26#39;t miss'; show, but maybe a musical would be a good 1st show.



Planning your day by location is a terrific idea.



I would make restaurant reservations by email. Go to www.menupages.com to pick out some good ones that fit your tastes.



EI and WTC can be done together. Consider the Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center instead of the SOL. Lines aren%26#39;t quite as long and the views are equally terrific.


  • good toner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment