Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pics from trip in May

I finally finished cleaning up/organizing my pics from our trip in May, and thought I would share some of them here. I am pretty happy with some of the shots I got. Hopefully, the URL will work. ::fingers crossed::





http://nyctripmay06.shutterfly.com/action/



Pics from trip in May


it worked! great photos! i really like the ones you took of the skyline while on the brooklyn bridge. the colors look so nice. i think you even took a photo on my street! how was that british fashion show at the met?



Pics from trip in May


Yeah! Thanks Calypsogirl! Do you live in the village? That%26#39;s where most of my street scenes are from, so that%26#39;s why I ask. That was my favorite part of the city. I was really happy with how the Brooklyn Bridge pics turned out - the sky was amazing!





The British Fashion exhibit was interesting, but it I thought it was too dark in the different rooms. It was actually difficult to see all of the details because of the lighting.




yup! do you remember which street you were on when you took the photo of the black shutters with the flowers in the window?





the pinks and blues in those bridge shots are so nice. did you have a cupcake at magnolia? a drink on the met rooftop garden? :)




I have no idea what street we were on - but I do know it was across the street from the house with the Vespa that matches the shutters (loved that!).





We did get cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery - very pretty, but I didn%26#39;t think they were anything special as far as taste goes...I can make better cupcakes than that! We ate lunch at the Rooftop Garden - only thing we had to drink was soda! It would be fun to go up there late afternoon and have an adult beverage, and just enjoy though. :-). That was probably actually my favorite view of the skyline - not as high up as TOTR, but I thought it was so pretty up there!




the met%26#39;s rooftop is also one of my favorite views of the city, mainly because you can see all those glamorous apartments! during the summers on friday nights until 8:30 they have a martini bar as well as sangria and mojitos up there and it%26#39;s pretty fun.





i also am not a fan of magnolia%26#39;s cupcakes. but it%26#39;s a good spot to visit just to say you%26#39;ve been there. :) they do have some yummy banana pudding though.





looks like you had a great trip!




You have some excellent shots, I enjoyed seeing them, thanks.




These are really great pictures of NYC. How did you get the colors so vivid and the photos so clear?




Awesome pics, especially of Manhattan from the Brooklyn Bridge. What time of day was this? I%26#39;m planning for our trip in Oct and would love to walk across the bridge near the same time.



And yes, please share any photo-tips as well :)




I loved all of your pictures, thank you for posting them. My sister and I are planning a visit next week and we want to do everything you did. We are really looking forward to walking the Brooklyn Bridge. You did an excellent job capturing the beauty of the city.




Thanks for the kind comments! My pics don%26#39;t normally turn out all that great, so I was thrilled with these.





nyc10025 - I give all of the credit to my digital camera (Canon PowerShot S2 IS), and being really fortunate as to the weather/lighting when we were there. I just used the automatic setting - I%26#39;m not smart enough to figure out all of the manual stuff with shutter speed, etc! The only ';cleaning'; I did of the pics was to hit auto correct in Microsoft Office Picture Manager on most of them, along with some cropping. Auto correct really did make a lot of the colors more vivid, notably the greens in Central Park and the skyline from the Brooklyn Bridge.





kitty55 - We walked across the Bridge between 7 and 8 PM - late May. Not sure what time that would translate to for October! The only hint I have is to hold the camera as still as possible. A couple of hints I picked up from others to accomplish that: 1) take a deep breath before you click the shot and hold it, and 2) and keep your arms as close to your side as possible. Really concentrate on keeping the camera as steady as possible before you click the shot - it does make a difference!


  • good toner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment