Sunday, April 4, 2010

My screenname.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of the story behind my user name. I%26#39;m trying to get my 4 year old niece excited about our trip to NYC in Dec. and I%26#39;ve been showing her pictures of our past trips. She saw a picture of the Statue of Liberty and she got very excited and said ';She%26#39;s holding up number 1!!';



My screenname.


That%26#39;s not what I thought it meant...



My screenname.


Aw bless!





I%26#39;m curious as to what you thought it was Warmwinds......





I still prefer my hubbies screen name...




Well, I think it%26#39;s an American thing so I%26#39;ll spell it out for you, but it is highly insulting to hold up just your middle finger...usually done in anger...I did it unknowingly to a cop once.





What is your husband%26#39;s screen name?




Ah I see!





My hubby%26#39;s screen name is 22_seconds_on_tuesday





Apparently my itinerary was so strict that that was the time I%26#39;d allotted him to %26#39;use the bathroom%26#39; on our trip!!!!




You%26#39;re staying at the Holland Tunnel Motor Lodge with a four-year old in December? I assume you read the reviews on this site. It might be passably okay for (some) adults, but it is no great shakes for a child, and almost a mile walk to public transportation.




Voy, hi. I think you got me confused with someone else. I have never even heard of the Holland Tunnel Motorinn. ;)



We have chosen Carlton Arms, which seems like it will be ok if I make sure I don%26#39;t get one of those XXX rooms!




Oops yep that was Dion who is doing the Holland Tunnel Motor Lodge thing.





One thing this tells me is NYC hotels are becoming super expensive if places like the Holland are drawing the visitors in.





As for Carlton Arms...rather colorful choice to say the least....




Uh oh. You don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s a good idea? Have you heard something? You think it%26#39;ll be ok for a kid?




Thanks Warmwinds! Whew! I wasn%26#39;t the only one!




You%26#39;ve read the reviews on this Web site right? '; Shared bathrooms...smell of urine...dirty...an acquired taste...good for college students on a budget....and so on...';





Not saying it is the worst hotel in New York...but is it a good spot for a four-year old...?

No comments:

Post a Comment