Sunday, April 4, 2010

Flights to New York from Chicago

Hi everyone





I am wanting to fly from Chicago to New York City on 27 July and I was wondering who you suggest has the best airfares and quality of service please?





I am travelling over from Australia so I am a bit lost when it comes to local airlines.





Also, I have no definite airports that I have to fly out of or in to, if that helps.





Thanks so much for your time and help.





Topshelfaussie



Flights to New York from Chicago


HI, Topshelf





I%26#39;m sorry to say there%26#39;s little difference anymore among the domestic carriers in terms of service. seat comfort, and any ';fun'; factor... the most I%26#39;d say about virtually any of them is that they%26#39;re mediocre- adequate. JetBlue, however, stands head and shoulders above the rest imo, but unfortunately, it doesn%26#39;t fly in or out of Chicago.





Am I correct in assuming that you need only 1-way tix from Chicago? If so, you can get here on an ATA flight which leaves Chicago%26#39;s Midway Airport at 6:15 AM, arriving at LaGuardia at 9:15 AM, for a mere $78!!



http://www.ata.com





If that%26#39;s too early in the AM for you, AirTran has several flights throughout the course of the day for $98; these too take off from Midway, but land in Newark.



http://www.airtran.com





USAirways is showing up as having the cheapest flights from O%26#39;Hare for $110-115/person.



http://www.usairways.com



Flights to New York from Chicago


Chicago is United%26#39;s hub, so I would expect them to have the most flights. Check with www.travelocity.com - there are many many options on airlines for this route.




Topshelf, I%26#39;m sorry but I mistakenly entered August 27 as the travel date rather than July 27. So, it looks like you%26#39;ll pay $88 for AirTran or ATA; if O%26#39;Hare is a better departure airport for you, you can however fly out of there on July 27 for just a dollar more on American Airlines flights into LGA.





For easy-to-obtain info re: all the possibilities and ';hot links'; for direct booking, go to sidestep.com -- it%26#39;s a mega search engine for travelers (not a booking service).




I fly this route monthly. United and American have almost hourly flights to O%26#39;Hare from LaGuardia.





If this flight leg has anything to do with your return trip to Australia, make sure you leave a lot of time. I have never flown to/from Chicago without at least an hour delay on each end. Usually more.





Dont bother checking the on time ratings of the flights. They leave the gate on time, which is what the on time ratings are based on, but then you sit on the tarmac for hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment