Thursday, April 1, 2010

Daisiegee/Louise



Did I hear that American Airlines pulled out of starting direct flights from Newcastle AIrport?





If so, any news of any other airlines doing direct flights to NY?



Daisiegee/Louise


Yeah they pulled out last year :( There were talk of Continental starting but I think if that did happen it wouldn%26#39;t be til 2008 or something like that.



Daisiegee/Louise


Ah well





Just had a look on the site and its only 拢25 from Newcastle to Heathrow with BA so thats not too bad.... also found flights with BA to Newark for 拢125 inc taxes!! Thats one way like but I%26#39;m still pretty impressed by how cheap they are at the moment!





SImply can%26#39;t afford NOT to come!




When are you looking at going? You know Karen and I are over there at the end of Sept?




I wanted to come in October with the kids but nobody seems to think its a good idea (especially Andy!)





So we%26#39;re looking at April-ish as Isabelle will be 1 by then and so not as much of a burden on her grandparents for a week!




April will be cheaper flight wise too :)




It certainly is! I can%26#39;t wait to start looking at hotels now!





Its cheaper than staying at home! LOL!




Did you not hear my cries of despair when they pulled out! I was so excited by the prospect and then they pulled the plug. Great flight prices you found by the way. BA is one of my airlines of choice.




I%26#39;ve never flown with them...... I%26#39;ve got this stupid terrorism idea, I think it comes from 9/11 and the terrorists using American Airlines - I think that if they%26#39;re going to target the UK they%26#39;ll use BA. Daft I know but I%26#39;ve tended to avoid them whenever possible.





Can%26#39;t really argue with those prices though can you?




You certainly can%26#39;t. I use United a lot because of their free internal flights (they were one of the companies affected by the highjackings) and have always been pleased with the service, but have to go to Teesside for the flight to LHR with them and I prefer to fly from Newcastle, so BA is my second choice if it%26#39;s a one location trip.Last flew with them at New Year, and they were good as usual. Helen is flying back with them tonight.




Poor thing. Theres nothing worse! Have you spoken to her? Wasn%26#39;t it her OHs first time there?

No comments:

Post a Comment