Thursday, April 8, 2010

cheap and close to the village

Ok, so I am going to be celebrating my 21st birthday next weekend and I am looking for a cheap motel to stay in for a couple nights. Idealy, I would like it to be as close to the village as possible so I do not have to walk very far. Even if I cannot get as close as I would like, walking distance is preferable. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much :)



cheap and close to the village


www.lakegeorge.com is your best bet, I%26#39;ll give you a quick list of hotels to check out that are affordable but not run down. Affordable doesn%26#39;t have to mean dirty. Happy birthday by the way!! I%26#39;ll mention some great places for you to celebrate after the hotels. Prospect Aire, on Mohican, about a block up from town, cute starting at $59.00/night but clean enough last I knew. The villager starts at $73/night, its closer into town right on the main strip (Canada Street aka route 9) it%26#39;s also next door to DJ%26#39;S the best Happy 21st bday place to go. I%26#39;ll gi into details about that in a sec. The Windsor also on main street but farther away to walk, older motel that looks like it was left over from the days of Elvis but ok enough, starts at $69/nt. Ok start there let me know if you need more. As far as places to celebrate if you want to drink and have a good time... DJ%26#39;S is the best place to start in my opinion, as long as you like dance music. It%26#39;s in the main street, next to the Villager Hotel, keep in mind they are open til 5am or so, if you are an early to bed kinda person you may want to go elsewhere if you need quiet. There is an outside deck to sit on with its own bar, grill, bathroom and waitresses do come out. The dancefloor is inside, with a tv so you can watch everyone on the floor or they can watch you. Three bars I believe total, 2 grills last I knew, bouncers at the entrance and near the dancefloor, you can see the dj from the floor and make requests, tables to sit at outside and inside that are off the dancefloor area so you have room. Buy your waitress one shot, half of them will drink with you and be well toasted hours before their shift ends, and trust me they earn it. Neptune%26#39;s is the other dance place, on the lake itself, can%26#39;t miss it on the boardwalk just to the right outside of the Village Mall past Christie%26#39;s. You can sit on the deck and enjoy the breeze off the water, the bar up there is usually quieter with less line. Food for lunch and dinner, music varies from dj to live bands. This place is huge, I have gotten turned around and lost more than once there, I blame Captain Morgan. There are two stairs atleast that head upstairs one on each side of the building. Downstairs is pretty big, bouncers outside checking id and keeping everyone in order, nice place overall but I prefer DJ%26#39;S. Christie%26#39;s on the lake as I mentioned before is also a decent place to stop into. No cover that I have ever known of, sometimes there is a cover at Neptunes sometimes not, dj%26#39;s I think almost always has a cover which is one downside. Christie%26#39;s on the Lake is the actual name, runs alongside the Village Mall, is half outside under a tarp, decent lake breeze, half inside which is hotter obviously. Good luck trying to get to the pool table, also where the tiny bathrooms are, but you can try to wait in line. Usually just live bands entertaining I%26#39;ve never heard a dj there. Duffy%26#39;s is higher up closer to Shepards Park, its an irish pub place, was mainly an older crowd but not bad. Guy downstairs out front checks ids. Usually bands too, sometimes radio/cd entertainent. John Barleycorn is another Irish pub/restaurant I have heard is fun at night, i%26#39;ve only been there to have corned beef myself. Live bands that I know of for entertainment, no cover that I have ever heard of, Good food. I had a couple friends come one summer from Ireland, they practically lived there at night, other than bouncing to the other places when the rest of us were off work. Try to get your drivers license updated before you come if you can, otherwise you may have to point out several times you are turning 21 while you are here. Hope this helps, have a great 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment